Good Morning Stampin’ Friends! Happy Saturday! Today I have a fun little card for the sports lover’s in your life! This card showcases a variety of different things you can do with circle punches (or framelits). It was a card that I designed for a swap card challenge with my demonstrator friends. If you love punch art, then you will definitely enjoy putting this card together.
Start with a piece of whisper white cardstock for the base of your card. Cut a 5-1/4 x 4 inch piece of basic black cardstock. Cut 5-1/4 x 3 inch piece of the black and white striped pattern found in the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP) pack. Adhere the patterned paper to the center of the black cardstock, then adhere the entire piece to the front of your white card base.
Grab the following circle punches: 1/2 inch, 1 inch, 1-3/4 inch, and 2 inch to create the following:
- Golf Ball: Punch out a 1/2 inch white circle and emboss it with the softly falling embossing folder.
- Baseball: Punch out a 1 inch white circle. Use another one inch white circle as your template and draw the stitching on the ball using black and red markers.
- Tennis Ball: Punch out a 1 inch circle from a piece of daffodil delight cardstock. Sponge a bit of pear pizazz ink on the circle to give it a greenish yellow look. Use that circle template again to draw the stitching on the ball.
- Football: Punch out a 1-3/4 inch circle from a piece of soft suede cardstock. Insert the circle back into the punch and move it around until it resembles a football; punch off the excess. Draw the stitching on with a white marker.
- Basketball: Punch out a 2 inch circle from a piece of tangerine tango cardstock. Make yourself another template using the 2 inch circle punch. Draw the basketball lines on with a black marker.
For the baseball bat, I used the classic label punch, stamped it with the Hardwood stamp and then just trimmed it down a bit to resemble a bat. Arrange all of the pieces on your card and adhere with snail and dimensionals! For the finishing touch, add a little sentiment on the top! It is the perfect card for sports lover’s! Enjoy!