Hello Stampin’ Friends! Happy Valentine’s Day! I thought I would share one more love-themed project with all of you…after all, it is Valentine’s Day 🙂 This is one of my favorite cards that I create one year ago today! It showcases the Bird Builder punch and an elegant way to create a love-themed card for Valentine’s Day or any other love themed event. Now the Bird Builder punch is a retired item but if you have it, or know someone that does, this is a fun card to make!
1. Start with a piece of basic black cardstock for the base of your card. Cut an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of black cardstock in half. Cut at 4 1/4 inches (on the 8 1/2 inch side). You will end up with two card bases. Score the 11 inch side of one of the pieces at 5 1/2. Fold on the score line to create your card base.
2. Cut a 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of whisper white cardstock. Stamp a little “love” sentiment in the bottom right hand corner of the white cardstock using black ink. Emboss the cardstock with the softly falling embossing folder and adhere this piece to your the front of your black card base.
3. Cut out a medium-large size oval using the Oval Framelit set. Optional: Complete a bit of paper piercing around the oval.
4. For the Rose Buds: Punch out 6 bird wings using Stampin’ Up’s bird punch and some cherry cobbler cardstock. You will be layering 3 of the wings together. Start by layering 2 of them, side by side, leaving a slight opening in between the tips of the wings. Take the 3rd wing and layer it behind the 2 wings so that the tip of the 3rd wing is in the middle of and slightly higher than the first 2. (Refer to the picture above). Use glue dots to adhere the 3 wings together. Repeat these steps to make your second rose bud.
5. Punch out 2 branches with the bird punch, using always artichoke cardstock. Using a scissors, cut off the middle leaf in the branch. Adhere the branch to each of the rose buds as shown using glue dots.
6. Adhere the roses and branches to the center of the white oval and embellish with a bit of ribbon. Tip: I used Stampin’ Dimensionals for the oval and rose buds.