Here is a great project for all of you which uses the Winter Frost holiday product suite! This project focuses on heat embossing! This card is a bit more involved than some of my other posts so I thought I would give you some step by step instructions!
Step by Step Instructions
- Start out by cutting an 8 1/2 x 11 inch piece of Smoky Slate cardstock for the base of your card. Cut the 11 inch side at 5 1/2 inches, then score the 8 1/2 inch side at 4 1/4 inches, fold for card base.
- Cut a 5 1/4 x 4 inch piece of whisper white cardstock.
- Cut a 5 1/4 x 1 1/2 inch piece of your favorite Winter Frost Designer Series Paper (DSP) and secure it to the bottom of the whisper white cardstock.
- Cut a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 inch piece of whisper white cardstock…this is the piece you will stamp the tree images onto. Rub the embossing buddy (or a used dryer sheet) onto this piece of cardstock….it removes static.
- Ink up the lovely as a tree image with versa mark and stamp the image on the white cardstock.
- Sprinkle the iridescent ice embossing powder over the versa marked image. Tap off any excess powder. Then use the heat tool to set the image. The image will turn from a powdery gray to a shiny, glittery white once it is set.
- Sponge a bit of coastal cabana and island indigo ink, randomly, over the embossed image. Cut out the image using one of the oval framelits.
- Lay the oval cut image on the piece of whisper white cardstock so that it overlaps with the DSP on the bottom. Place these items on the stampin pierce mat.
- Lay the oval paper piercing template over the embossed image (make sure the mat is under the white cardstock). Using the paper piercer, punch holes in the white cardstock just above the oval image.
- After you have completed the paper piercing, remove the oval and tie a piece of silver ribbon in a bow around the card. Adhere with glue dots so it covers up the top edge of the DSP.
- Take your oval cut image and adhere to the card with dimensionals, just below the paper pierced holes.
- Secure to the smoky slate cardstock base.
- Stamp the Merry Christmas sentiment on a scrap piece of white cardstock using coastal cabana ink and punch out with the word window.
- Punch out a modern label using smoky slate cardstock. Adhere the word window (you punched out in step #13) to this piece and secure to the card using dimensionals.
Keep in mind that you do not have to do the paper piercing technique. The card is still very beautiful without it. 🙂 Enjoy!