One of my team members, Debbie Jorns, is holding an awesome charitable event for our troops! I am so excited to be a part of this event! We will be creating some special cards for the men and women in our military to send home to their loved ones! There are so many ways for you to get involved and give back to our Troops!
It is strongly suggested that everyone new to this concept check out the OWH website to get a sense of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Check it out http://operationwritehome.org/welcome/
There is a video for anyone new to OWH and there are guidelines (*) for card making on the Home page of OWH. If you are able to participate in this event in person, you will not need an OWH stamp or envelopes. However, if you are unable to participate in person you can still get involved! Visit the OWH website for more information!
The event will be held August 26th from 5:00pm – 8:30pm at Lisko’s Hall in Huilsburg, Wisconsin. Here are some suggestions for participating, in person, at the August 26th event:
1. Donate hand-made cards that follow OWH guidelines* These could be cards you made at events, stamp camps or parties that would work for OWH.
2. Make a kit for others to assemble 8-12, A2 size cards , following OWH guidelines* – cards should be ready to assemble with one or two completed samples (similar to the way a demonstrator prepares for a Stampin Up Party!). Most embossing or cutting should be done ahead.
3. Assemble cards from others’ kits
4. Write “Any Hero” notes or make Any Hero cards – guidelines for these are not as strict – emphasis is on writing a note of appreciation, support or recognition of service – (See OWH Guidelines* – these can be hand drawn, coloring pages done by children, store-bought cards or cards made by less experienced card makers).
5. Donate cardstock or small print pattern paper suitable for card making.
6. Donate money to send to OWH to defer postage costs – We will “pass the hat” at the event since postage is a huge expense for OWH to get the cards to the military units. You can receive a tax deductible receipt for a donation by check or online at www.operationwritehome.org
7. Bring a snack to share with fellow cardmakers! (There will be no calorie counting when you’re doing charity work!)
Hope you are able to attend this awesome event! Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s show our support for the men and women that serve our country! 🙂